I grow super attached to people so please give me a 60 day warning before I stop existing to you.
I was tagged by surroundedbypeasants.
1. I will be starting graduate school at UC-Irvine for Scenic Design this fall. I’m freaking excited and scared shitless at the same time.
2. I can probably eat sushi everyday and not even remotely get sick of it.
3. I memorized the U.S. capitals when I was 6 (I think) years old. (and I might still know all of them. might.)
4. I said this last time I was tagged in something similar, but nothing has taught me more than my father’s death. I learned a vast amount about gratitude, life, loneliness, faith, love, fear, and time (among a myriad of other things) when he died.
5. Part of me is extremely bitter that I am coming back to SoCal. Don’t get me wrong - I am so so grateful and excited to be part of UCI and everyone there has been beyond wonderful (and the term hasn’t even started yet!), but a yearning wanderlust inside me is itching to get out - to leave the sunshine to taste something different and new.
6. I chose theatre/design/the arts because it is one of the most intense and deeply involved aspects of my life that hasn’t jaded me.
7. This year made me believe in soulmates and twin flames. Gag me, but I now know that they’re real. This year made me believe that sometimes “meant to be” doesn’t mean it’s right or ready. That sometimes you must find them in another lifetime when you both are a little better prepared to take on such an immaculate love.
8. Living in Santa Maria this summer, in a household with 3 cats has turned me into a car lover. Ergo, the beginning stages of my life as a single cat lady.
9. I need to learn how to drive on freeways. Okay, I really just need to drive more in general. I’m from goddamn LA for fuck’s sake.
10. I am extremely single but I do know that I am deeply loved. I am constantly learning how to balance grains of happiness and loneliness in whatever state I am in.
Holla at me:
"Strong enough to leave you, but weak enough to need you."
Mary Oliver, excerpt from “White Heron Rises Over Blackwater” (via larmoyante)
some chill positivity from a 1998 Sesame Street book about the letter F
lord. I’m drunk.